Each number has a meaning and brings a message from the angels. But the core numbers, the nine single-digit numbers, have more in-depth meanings and traits that help us understand the meaning of all the other numbers. One can even say that these are base for all numerological readings. Today we’ll discuss the meaning of the number 5 in numerology. This number is in the middle of the line between 1 and 9 and is the point of change.
The Meaning of Number 5
Number 5 is positioned right in the middle of the single-digit numbers 1 to 9. As the center point, the number 5 symbolizes the balance between the two sides, which signifies the need for freedom, experiences, and adventures. It is also the master of change and can readily go with the flow and adapt to changes and different environments.
The people who have the number 5 in their personal numerology chart are most often full of energy, are very happy, and exude high positive vibes. They don’t like predictability, thrive on more captivating experiences, and love adventures.
Even though number 5 is in the middle of the core numbers, it does not like to stay in one place. It can be interpreted as being a fan of personal freedom, and it does not like to be attached. It has a very adventurous spirit, curiosity, and wit, enjoying travel, meeting new people, and learning new ideas. Number 5 also changes its mind often and has trouble setting firm goals.
Strengths of the Number 5
- Curiosity – people with the number 5 are curious, and they love to see and experience everything. They enjoy adventures and often experiment with different things, feeding their souls with new experiences that not everyone can handle.
- Sociability – number 5 is a born explorer, adventurer and loves meeting new people, socializing with them, interacting, and learning from them. Every lively group of people has at least one number 5 in it, as this number enjoys and shines best when placed in a highly social situation.
- Adaptability – number 5 is very adaptable and does not like to sit stagnantly. It regularly enjoys new ideas, new jobs, new relationships, and new challenges and has an innate ability to be flexible, quickly shift lanes, and adapt to new circumstances.
Weaknesses of the Number 5
- Unreliable – the energies that drive number 5 to adventure also make it unreliable and easily distracted. Number 5 has trouble staying in one place and focusing its energy on one thing to follow it through and can sometimes come across as uncaring.
- Directionless – number 5 has no problem of going with the flow and does not put much import on the direction it is headed. It can waste time on enjoyable experiences but will not pay much attention to opportunities for success.
- Non-committing – number 5 enjoys its freedom too much to commit to one thing; it enjoys the constant changes around it. If things become stagnant, it will become easily bored and feel tied down and will do anything to get out of committing to anything, as it lacks attention and feels constricted by such things.
Personality Traits of Number 5
- Flexible – flexibility is one of number 5’s most remarkable traits, as it is related to its ability to adapt to different situations.
- Outgoing – number 5 is outgoing, which derives from its dynamic energy.
- Social – number 5 thrives in social situations and loves to meet and interact with new people.
- Unpredictable – number 5 likes to be unpredictable, as it feels restricted by set plans and prearranged situations.
- Adventurous – number 5 loves adventure, enjoys new challenges, and does not like to sit still.
- Energetic – number 5 has an impressive energy that captivates others.
- Inconsistent – the traits that make it adventurous also make it inconsistent, as number 5 has trouble staying on a set course.
- Independent – number 5 enjoys independence, not relying on anyone and not answering to anyone.
Number 5 and Love
When discussing love and number 5, I need to emphasize that number 5 falls in love very quickly. It is not often that people with the number 5 in their personal number chart can fall in love easily and get in a relationship with a person that is not fit for them. A person with the number 5 is adventurous and curious in love, like in other situations.
It is open-minded and enjoys personal freedoms that can often be interpreted as selfish. It is not the case, as number 5 has trouble staying committed to one thing, and when it comes to a romantic relationship, this behavior can hurt the partner. On the other hand, persons with number 5 in their numerology chart who have overcome this need and transcended into a higher realm are very loving and devoted partners.
The Number 5 in Tarot & Astrology
In the Tarot card deck, the number 5 is the Hierophant or priest. The Hierophant’s role is to bridge the gap between the physical and the spiritual world and serve as a messenger between the divine and human. It also symbolizes the learning of practical lessons and studying natural laws.
In Astrology, the number 5 relates to the sign for Leo. Leo is the fifth sign, and its main traits are personal enjoyment, embracing new ideas, and acquiring knowledge. In Greek mythology, the number 5 relates to Hermes, the messenger of the gods with winged shoes that allowed him to travel.
Many religions have a deep connection with the number 5: the Torah in Judaism has five books, Muslims pray five times a day, the Hindu god Shiva has five faces, five wounds of Christ, and more. Aristotle believed there are five elements of the universe. Of course, we should not forget to mention the pentagram, the five-pointed star with deeper connections to various faiths and often depicted as a representation of the devil.
Other Numerology Number Meanings
Read about the other numbers and their meaning in numerology:
I’m Swami Gautham, a Numerologist, and Astrologer.