The study of numerology is based on the meanings of numbers, primarily the first nine digits of the list of natural numbers. The meanings are related to the energies and vibration levels of the numbers, and knowing the true meanings of the numbers can help us interpret the messages the angels from the divine realm send us. Here I’ll talk about the meaning of the number 1 and tell you more about the first natural number.
The Meaning of Number 1
Number 1 is the first natural number, and as such, it represents creation, independence, determination, and an impressive urge for newness. Number 1 is comfortable being alone but can manage well in a community. Number 1 also relates to movement, new ideas, and new possibilities.
Number 1 is the number for creation and birth – the divine origin of the universe, or “on the first day, God created light.” One of its primary numerological meanings of number 1 is an opportunity, a symbol of confidence, power, and action. Number 1 urges us to take a closer look at our circumstances and realize our power to turn them into anything we want, inspiring us to take control of our life, future, and new beginnings.
The people with the number 1 in their numerological chart are innovators, pioneers, and motivators. They are natural leaders, can create opportunities for themselves, and don’t wait for others, but take the initiative. They are confident, unique, and love to explore.
Strengths of the Number 1
- Independent – number 1 is the most self-sufficient and self-reliant, as it does not need any outside influence to thrive. Number 1 does not wait for opportunities to fall into its lap, but makes its own luck. It finds it easier to go and do things alone than to rely on others, as it can plan its movement, be flexible, and will not waste time on unnecessary negotiations.
- Innovative – number 1 does not recognize blocks, not because they are not there, but because it is innovative, creative, and confident that they will find a way around them. It is used to seeing opportunities where others see obstacles and enjoy thinking of new ideas, creative solutions, and tackling challenges.
- Goal-focused – number 1 has a positive outlook and focuses on goals. It does not want to stand still but enjoys looking for opportunities, possibilities, and new achievements. Number 1 finds satisfaction in progress and achieving its set goals.
Weaknesses of the Number 1
- Risky – number 1 likes to think that it is fearless, but the lack of foresight can lead to them becoming risk-takers. The sense of invincibility that number 1 has often has a negative connotation, and tunnel vision prevents them from seeing the warnings and can take unnecessary risks.
- Forceful – number 1 is often too ambitious, and it comes as forceful. Its attitude makes them seem uncaring and overbearing and often even pushy. Number 1 is often physical and does not realize when it can offend someone. Its focus on progress and forward movement doesn’t allow place for consideration of feelings.
- Doubtful – number 1 will focus on success and accomplishments and will often find doubting itself. Maybe it will not share this feeling with others, but number 1 has an inner fear that it will not achieve its goals. It does not do well with criticism and uses it as a drive for betterment.
Personality Traits of Number 1
- Independent – number 1 enjoys independence and does not need anyone to lean on.
- Proactive – once number 1 will not wait for someone else to do something but will be proactive and take the reins.
- Pioneering – number 1 is the first number, the start, the pioneer of new beginnings and new opportunities.
- Ambitious – number 1 has an impressive drive, and intense ambition drives it forward.
- Reckless – number 1 is a risk-taker, and what often seems fearless action is actually a reckless behavior.
- Motivated – number 1 has strong motivation, and is driven by the need to succeed, be in first place, and achieve its set goals.
- Innovative– number 1 is the innovator, often inspired by seemingly insurmountable obstacles.
- Self-centered – as it is the first number, it is self-centered and does not need anyone’s opinion to feel good.
- Free spirit – number 1 enjoys its freedom and does not tolerate restrictions.
Number 1 and Love
Number 1 enjoys being alone and independent, which often translates to love. As it is self-reliant, it goes to achieve its goals by itself and does not like to consult anyone else. Initially, it does not do well in relationships, as it does not like to rely on anyone for anything. He is not an idealist but a pragmatist. When in a relationship, number 1 will try to force their stance on their partner.
The people with the number 1 in their numerology charts are stubborn and jealous. Still, they are courageous and like to try new ideas, as long as there is a risk involved with the idea. Number 1 is driven by a sense of honor and responsibility, and they fight against hypocrisy and injustice.
The Number 1 in Tarot & Astrology
The number 1 in the Tarot card deck is The Magician, and The Magician represents a beginning, new opportunity, and resourcefulness. It symbolizes confidence, independence, and self-sufficiency. In the Zodiac, number 1 relates to the sign Aries. The Aries is the first sign, a fiery sign, with strong drive, freedom, and self-expression. But number 1 is also related to the sign for Leo, as another strong, focused on goals and achievements.
In astrology, the number 1 is related to Saturn, the planet for career, practicality, status, and success. In popular culture, number 1 has many exciting meanings, most notable of which is the “One” – the chosen one which is often alone, but at the same time, being a part of the universe.
Other Numerology Number Meanings
Read about the other numbers and their meaning in numerology:
I’m Swami Gautham, a Numerologist, and Astrologer.